Saturday, December 13, 2008

Party Frenzy

Tomorrow we are holding our "kind of" annual Open House. I call it "kind of" because some years it is bigger and more open than others. It's all about how we can fit it in to our holiday schedule along with everyone else's.

Since we celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas (due to our well-blended family!), this time of year is very busy. And depending on when Hanukkah falls we have to determine how to decorate. This year and last Hanukkah fell right during Christmas, so we have a multi decorated home. Prior years we were able to separate the two and make each holiday feel more special and distinct.

But I digress (wow, really NJ Decorator - what a shock), and it was the Open House we were discussing. We don't like to serve a meal, it's a bunch of smaller items - almost tapas like - and people can pick and choose. This year we are making Roast Pork and Broccoli Rabe on mini rolls as a new item. Add to this standards like wings, dogs in a blanket (lo-cal version), cheese balls, hummus and other assorted munchies and everyone from 2 to 82 is able to find something to eat.

Drinks are limited as well, we serve wine, Bellini's and have scotch and vodka on hand. This year I am making mulled wine (Thanks Year of Crockpotting) and looking forward to that. We try hard to ensure that everyone has a good time, but we will make people stay if they imbibe too much.

I'll post more pictures after the shindig, but for now here is my buffet table centerpiece.



Interesting, eh? I like to tie Hanukkah colors into my holiday whenever I can.


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

TimsMomMom said...

It was fun!! Thank you sistah!! You can bring over some leftovers for us!Timmy loved the meatballs.

Fannie said...

I didn't have it in me to have a party this year.:(

Michelle said...

My BFF is Jewish but her husband isn't. They decorate by having a Christmas tree decorated in primarily blue and white ornaments. :)

Blogelina