Thursday, January 3, 2013

The One with a Dream or Vision Board

Have you ever thought about creating a Dream or Vision Board?

A vision board or dream board is a way of helping to visualize goals by taking images and words that represent dreams and desires and arranging them on a board.  Or think of it as an inspiration board made with pictures and words that motivate and help you vision your goals.

I had done them in the past, but had not ever put my whole self into it...it was always one aspect of my life or another. Last year, I did one strictly about my work and found that it did not do exactly what I hoped it would.

So, this year when Cookie Lee Jewelry announced a "Dream Board" contest for the regional launches (mine in this weekend in Baltimore - more on that when I get back), I thought it was a good time to re-examine my Dream/Vision board and see what comes up.

I started by using the basic steps....

1.  Collecting images from everywhere that appealed to me in some way.  I also wrote down words that were important and made them pretty in MS Word.   Buy poster board in any color and glue sticks and clear tape.

2. I then got out my images and, before I start gluing, I moved the images around the board until it felt right.  Layer away and really just let yourself go.

3. Then I glued/taped them on and made my vision board a reality!

I think it's important to put your vision board someplace where you will see it every day like your bedroom, kitchen or office. Try to keep the area around your vision board clean and clutter-free. Visit your vision board frequently and look at the images. Feel what it’s like having these things come true for you. Never underestimate the power of visualization! If you write in a notebook, use the themes in your vision board to guide your writing.

If you don’t have one, create one today! They are really fun to create. Get some old magazines, a pair of scissors, poster board and a glue stick…but once you finish, put it in a place where you can look at it everyday and just imagine and believe those things you desire are yours!   

Here is my 2013 Dream Board....



No comments:

Blogelina